Applied Optimization Job Description
Job Title: Law Intern Reports to: Accountant
FLSA Status: Part-Time (Non-Exempt) Department: G&A
- To provide support for the performance of law-related business functions at Applied Optimization, a small business, government contractor working in R&D.
- Support review, drafting and organizing of a variety of contractual documents, including non-disclosure agreements, consulting and employment agreements, and subcontracts
- Support legal projects and updating procedures for company processes
- Develop and maintain contract briefs, file organization, and schedules of requirements to facilitate company compliance with contract requirements
- Prepare contract correspondence, company certifications, and compliance documents
- Conduct research and analyze data and information to solve specific legal or other business issues as needed
- Perform other business or law related duties as assigned
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate Degree at an accredited law school in first or second year with current grade point average of 3.5 or higher and strong academic record
- Demonstrated strong writing, fact-gathering, organizational, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with government contracts law, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and/or export law preferred
- Background knowledge of business preferred
Citizenship/Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship
About Our Internships:
Hours: The internship is a part-time, year-round position that requires a minimum of 16 hours per week of work. Hours are flexible and can change from semester to semester. Weekly hours can be adjusted for examinations, tests and project submissions.
Applied Optimization is a growing organization located in Dayton, OH. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary that is commensurate with qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This job description is subject to change.
To apply, please email your resume to HR@appliedo.com.