Applied Optimization Job Description
Job Title: Computer Science/Computer Engineering Intern Reports to: Team Lead
FLSA Status: Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
- To support an interdisciplinary research and development team that collects data to analyze and implement new generation scientific algorithms in the areas of mechanical engineering or space science
- Aid in designing, building, testing, and implementing software applications for computer networks
- Provide technical support for object modeling and algorithm development for new generation science applications
- Perform verification, documentation and quality assurance for new and existing software
- Support development and maintenance of hardware, software, and other operating systems
- Run software updates and backups
- Perform research in computer-operating systems
- Interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Computer Engineering or Computer Science program, with a consistently superior academic record in Mathematics and Physics
- Knowledge or experience in C++ object modeling and software development
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem solving and debugging skills
- Attention to detail and effective time and schedule management skills
- Ability to adapt within a small team to support evolving customer requirements
- A minor degree or dual degree in Mathematics or Physics
Citizenship/Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Person
- May be required to obtain and maintain US Government Security Clearance
About Our Internships:
Hours: The internship is a part-time, year-round position that requires a minimum of sixteen hours per week of work. The hours are flexible, and they can change from one quarter to another based on class schedule. The weekly hours can be adjusted to balance for the examinations, tests, and project submissions.
Applied Optimization is a growing organization located in Fairborn, OH. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary that is commensurate with qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This job description is subject to change.
To apply, please email your resume to HR@appliedo.com.