Applied Optimization (AO) Job Description
Job Title: Accounting Assistant/Intern Reports to: Accountant
FLSA Status: Part-Time (Non-Exempt) Department: G&A
- Performs accounting functions accurately and consistently
- Assist with special projects
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts
- Create, update, and reconcile cost accounting spreadsheets with information in the accounting system
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements on a monthly basis
- Process payroll on a monthly basis
- Pre-audit, verify, and process employee expense claims reviewing rules for employee compliance
- Ensure accuracy and follow documentation procedures for all work
- Maintain notebook of daily activities and provide weekly report of work
- Compose routine letters and reports using instructions or guidelines of the work area
- College Sophomore or Junior in Accounting with GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Understanding of basic accounting functions (A/R, A/P, reconciliations, and journal entries)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of payroll practices
- Effective organizing, planning, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills
Citizenship/Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Person
About Our Internships:
Hours: The internship is a part-time, year-round position that requires a minimum of sixteen hours per week of work. The hours are flexible, and they can change from one quarter to another based on class schedule. The weekly hours can be adjusted to balance for the examinations, tests, and project submissions.
Applied Optimization is a growing organization located in Fairborn, OH. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary that is commensurate with qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Find out more about us at www.appliedO.com.
This job description is subject to change.
To apply, please email your resume to HR@appliedo.com.